Tuesday 4 May 2010

Ratatouille- PIXAR


I chose Ratatouille as my first recommendation, as it is a PIXAR movie. From the creators of Cars and The Incredibles, this adorable feature length animation is guaranteed to give you a second opinion about rats... even though it isn't strictly based on truth. The story follows Remy, a "determined young rat", who "dreams of becoming a renowned French chef", as he accidentally finds himself in the heart of Paris and very, very hungry. In order to live his dream of becoming a top chef, he agrees to help the young Linguini- a garbage boy who also accidentally ends up becoming a chef- to gain stardom and try to impress the harsh food critic, Ego. When I first saw the movie being advertised, I wasn't sure that a rat being the protagonist would work (especially the seemingly disgusting idea of it cooking food for humans). I was pleasantly surprised when watching it however, as nothing is ever what it seems with PIXAR...

Please let me know what you think of this film and I will share opinions with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment