Sunday 9 May 2010

Oliver- Carol Reed

I really don't like to insult the classics, especially ones as prestigious as this musical- movie. I found it fairly entertaining the first time that I watched it, with moments that make you feel good and others that cause you to despise certain characters- so at does do it's job as a film. Returning to it now however, I realise that it is actually very boring with songs that I'm now absolutely sick to death of. Unless forced, I will not be watching this film ever again. The performances are generally uninspiring, the pace moves too slowly and Charles Dickens would probably be turning in his grave every time it was shown. I apologise to people that still enjoy this movie and you may want to contradict me, but I really don't like this one personally... 

No comments:

Post a Comment