Tuesday 4 May 2010

Howl's Moving Castle- Hayao Miyazaki

Howl's Moving Castle is without doubt one of the best feature length animations I have seen in my entire life. Miyazaki's attention to detail is breathtaking. The film centers around young girl who works in a hat shop and is transformed into an elderly lady by an evil, powerful witch. She proceeds to happen upon Howl's Moving Castle and is employed as the cleaning lady. It is down to her to figure out the way to remove curses, to fall in love and to make sure that the love of her life doesn't lose his life to a mighty, pointless war. In my opinion, everything about the film is perfect; the cinematography, the artistry, the colours, the voice talent (especially Batman's Christian Bale) and much more. The romantic narrative is filled with magic, adventure and confrontations but above all, suitable for the whole family. It teaches morals (such as Don't judge someone until you know them properly). When I first watched the film, I thought it was brilliant but it wasn't until the third or fourth time that I truly realised just how incredible it actually is, as a leading film critic magazine says, "Prepare to be dazzled... One of the finest animated films in years"- and I couldn't agree more...

No comments:

Post a Comment