Tuesday 4 May 2010

Mary Poppins- Robert Stevenson

To be completely honest, Mary Poppins isn't one of my favorite films at all. Some of the songs are catchy and it stars Dick Van Dyke, but that's about it! It is meant to be a "Classic" but Julie Andrews (despite the Academy Award) is boring to watch. Most of the jokes, scenes and songs seem to try for humour too often and the "fun" aspect is lost for me. Although you must be thinking that it is because of my age, but even when I first saw it in primary school I didn't find it very entertaining. The pigeon feeding lady is just spooky, the scene where the father loses his job is cringing and the dinner party on the ceiling is one of the most tedious scenes I have ever seen in a film. Not worth watching unless you have nothing better to watch with your kids... 

No comments:

Post a Comment